Beltrami & Co
Location – Glasgow
Salary – Competitive
Beltrami & Company comprises some of the most experienced, tenacious and respected legal minds in Scotland. Each and every member of our team has a passion for achieving great results for our clients and pride in the work that we do.
Beltrami & Co are looking for one or more experienced civil litigation solicitors, who are interested in private work and the opportunity to play a part in growing the business.
Beltrami & Co is well-established and has been at the forefront of criminal defence since it was founded over 60 years ago. In recent years, the firm has expanded and now has a well-established and profitable general civil litigation department.
The successful candidate will be versatile, having responsibility for advocacy in a variety of interesting and challenging disputes. A degree of specialism in certain fields, for example, family law, employment law or commercial dispute resolution is desirable.
• Advocacy before courts, tribunals and professional regulatory bodies.
• Drafting court documents and other related documents.
• Supporting the development of the team’s internal and external profile.
• Compliance with the firm’s time recording and case management policies.
• Prioritising the delivery of excellent client service at all times.
• Preferably 2 years PQE, however NQs who have gained relevant experience may be considered.
• Experienced in advocacy in terms of contentious procedural and evidential hearings.
• Possesses a good working knowledge of the Civil Sheriff Court procedures.
• Experienced in a client facing role with good communication skills. The ability to identify clients’ priorities and tailor advice accordingly is essential.
• Takes pride in offering a first-class service, both personally and on a firm-wide basis.
• Communicates with colleagues and clients in both a timely and accurate fashion, with an ability to manage expectations.
• Takes personal responsibility to keep legal knowledge up to date.
• Demonstrates strong research skills.
• Manages their own caseload, subject to supervision.
• Experienced in the use of a case management system.
• Commercial and profit focused.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong administrative and organisational skills are essential.
We encourage applications from those with an interest in their own professional and career development and a genuine interest in the development and expansion of our civil litigation practice. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further their career within a supportive environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send you CV and covering letter for consideration. The closing date for applications is Monday, 27th November 2023.