Mon, 15 May|
Regulation by SLCC and LSS and how best to avoid Complaints.
Time & Location
15 May 2023, 17:30 – 19:00
Glasgow, 12 Nelson Mandela Pl, Glasgow G2 1BT, UK
About the event
• A brief introduction to the regulatory landscape for the Legal Profession in Scotland
- The Roberton Report
- The Regulatory Role of the SLCC, the Law Society and the Lord President
- The objectives of an effective regulatory system
• The difficulties faced by Practitioners
- Macdonald v HMA and other recent cases
- The Scottish Executive Paper on “Redressing the balance of cross examination on rape and sexual offences trials”
- Solicitors Correspondence and Social Media
• Cases before the Scottish Solicitors Discipline Tribunal
- Lesson for a West Country Solicitor following correspondence with the Solicitors Regulation Authority
• A personal view on how best to avoid complaints: duties to clients, to court, to third parties, and professional judgment.
Speaker: Bill Macreath is Chairman of Levy & McRae, Glasgow and Chairman of the Legal Defence Union.
By booking this ticket, you are declaring that you are a member of the Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow. All records will be checked before attendance and invoices will be sent to those found in breech.£0.00Sale ended
Non-Members£75.00+£1.88 service feeSale ended