• Rights of Cohabitants
• Gifts and Inheritances and impact on matrimonial property
• Cohabitation Agreements and Pre/Post Nuptial Contracts
• Developing an understanding of the law surrounding cohabitation and the importance of clients being aware of their legal rights
• Understanding the impact using gifted/inherited money can have on a couple's matrimonial property
• Understanding when to suggest a client may wish to take advice about entering into a Cohabitation Agreement and or Pre/Post Nuptial Contract
The speaker, Alexis Harper, is a Partner in Harper Macleod LLP's Family Law team. She is a member of the Family Law Association and has experience in all matters relating to family law. She has developed solid advocacy skills in the course of her career representing clients at Sheriff Courts across Scotland in relation to matters concerning their children and their finances. Alexis is particularly focused on cases involving financial provision on Divorce. Alexis has delivered training and presentations both externally and internally relating to financial provision on separation and in particular in relation to the treatment of business interests on Divorce.
Alexis is also a tutor on the family law elective at Strathclyde University and has tutored on the Professional Competence Course. She is trained in Collaborative Practice and is a member of Consensus and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She is a recommended lawyer in Family within The Legal 500 where clients describe her as ‘highly intelligent and very experienced’; praised for her ‘warm and professional approach’ and ‘hard work put in to representing her clients’ views’, and is also noted for her ‘authority and leadership in a crisis’.
Originally recorded on 2.5.19
2.5.19 Family Law for Conveyancers and Private Client Lawyers
Upon payment you will receive a document containing a copy of the notes for the webinar via your email. The first page of this document has the link and password to the webinar you have bought. To ensure you receive your certificate for watching the webinar, please send the answers to the questions on the first page to the linked email highlighted.
If you have any questions, please contact us.